People allergic to NSAIDS/ Anti Imflammatory drugs, that live with Chronic Pain

By bee buzzes Latest Activity September 30 at 1:41 pm Views 272 Replies 3

bee buzzes

Hi, My name is Kym, I live with Fibromyalgia, OA, DJD and Arthritis in my Spine and Neck. Every other month I go thru Epidural and cervical facets. I am on many Medications, however I am highly allergic to NSAIDS!!! I was wondering if there are any other people that have this issue, I also am Diabetic type 2, and allergic to artificial sweetners which all of this has made my life so depressing and loss of quality of things I use to enjoy. I am 49 years old, am a mother of 2 daughters ages 12 and 21. Married, I feel like a burden on my family. There are many tears that flow from my eyes, which I can not control…so much Frustration. I know I am not alone<3 But if there is anyone that shares any of this, I would love to learn and share.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (3 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • SuSewSew
    SuSewSew December 9 at 1:38 pm   

Hey there Kym!

You need a huge yet gentle hug. What a battle. I hope you have supportive family. YOU ARE NOT NOT NOT A BURDEN. They will see your strength and learn about determination from watching you. My son was under one year of age when I was struck hard. He has no memories of me running or being athletic in sports (which I was). What he did see was a Mom that learned how to balance work with home and still have some fun. He learned limits and also consequences. He learned about budget as I was divorced with a deadbeat ex. I learned about patience and asking for what I needed. Both VERY tough for me.

I was not able to take any second line meds: aspirin, etc as my stomach would burn and I would be nauseous. Went straight to celebrex. Used to get some relief from tylenol but recently developed a problem with that. Nothing really works when I'm going through a rough patch. (Thank goodness for remission of which I've had 6 or 7 over the past 27 years). I'm 54 and have had RA for 1/2 my life now. I am at the end of the line for the current drugs that work so until something new is happening it's Prednizone, celebrex and ibuprofen if I need it.

The cold weather is okay as long as it's not moist. I used to live on the coast and that marine climate nearly killed me. Cold and dry is okay. Winter here only lasts a total of 3 months so it's fine.

I have been remarried for the past 10 years. My hubby, Jack, is amazing. He is supportive in so many ways. We have a sort of shorthand when it comes to household things. He can cook, clean, do laundry, change bed linens and MORE! I am blessed. When I am hurting he feels helpless. It's a guy thing…they want to "fix" things. In Jan 2013 I went wheatfree and he is very good about that. This january I'm going to go sugar free and see how things go. Wheat free has really helped. I'm not totally gluten free as I do oatmeal and on occasion have fallen off the band wagon. (Jack says I tripped but held onto the railing haha)

Hang in there, Kym. Do what you can to make yourself feel better. Learning to say "no" is the toughest part for me. Admitting you can't do something when you feel you "must" is also hard. Let me know how it goes.

• Lana
    LanaPA October 4 at 10:55 am   

Hello Kym and welcome. God bless you dealing with all these conditions and their treatments. Are able to tolerate other pain relievers or just NSAIDs. You definitely have your hands full and I can understand what you are saying about feeling like a burden. You are not alone, however. There are others fighting the same battles. As far as your emotions go, it is okay to seek professional help. I have done it and I am better for it.