What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving and Christmas?

By LanaPA Latest Activity November 25, 2015 at 12:49 pm Views 2,684 Replies 1 Likes 1

Lana

This marks the sixth Thanksgiving without my brother. We lost him over in December 2010 and, on Thanksgiving, he was in a hospital after being diagnosed with cancer. Less than a month later, we lost him. I obviously don’t want you to start out your Thanksgiving with a grim story about my brother but be patient, I am about to share just how thankful I am for the last five years.

While I am miss my brother and I hate that this is the fifth Thanksgiving without him, I am grateful for everything that has happened since his death.

I am thankful because I knew someone so kind and wonderful.
I am thankful that I ended a bad marriage and learned to stand on my own two feet.
I am thankful for two very happy and healthy children.
I am thankful for my health, even though it is not as great as I would like it be. It is better than I expected after almost 8 years living with RA and fibromyalgia.
I am thankful to be employed at a job I love and to work for two great people.
I am thankful for the people that supported my emotional health after my brother died.
I am thankful for the wisdom I have gained over the past several years.
I am thankful to be turning 40 next month.
I am thankful that my mother is still around.
I am thankful for my belief in the Almighty.
I am thankful that there is still good in this world despite all the bad.

Mostly, I am thankful because my brother didn’t care for Thanksgiving and hated turkey, because it makes me smile at his memory. Tomorrow, I am going to make a roast in his honor because that is what he would have eaten for Thanksgiving if he were alive.

I am also thankful for all of you! Have a safe and happy holiday season!

Please share all the things you are thankful for this holiday season.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (1 reply)

Add your reply Reply Down