Quick Self-Test: How is your resilience?
By September 10 at 10:06 pm 119
Facing the challenges of a chronic condition means keeping yourself going, one step at a time. That’s called being resilient. What’s your resilience like these days?
Here are a few questions to help you to answer that question:
1. Does your mind tend to focus on the possibilities or the limitations? In other words, is the cup half empty or half full?
2. Are you connected with a strong support network, or are you going it alone?
3. Are you taking care of yourself, including eating, sleeping, exercise, and staying compliant with your medication regimen?
4. Are you up to date on the latest information about your condition?
5. Are you keeping your problem-solving skills sharpened?
6. Life is always changing. Are you okay with that?
7. If you do need help, do you reach out and ask?
8. And, do you have a vision for what you want your future to look like?
If you answer no to any of these questions, then it might be the right time to get those resilience muscles toned up. Need some help? Check out my latest article in Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis.